By Robert Frank
As The Suburban went to press, two men, aged 20 and 23, remained in an artificially induced coma and a third, aged 21, was released from hospital after suffering second and third degree burns following backyard revelry in Laval’s Île Bizard district, April 21.
“During a birthday party on Mistral Street, four guests went outside to build a fire in the back yard,” Sgt. Frédéric Jean told The Suburban.
“As the fire went out, one of them decided to rekindle the fire with gasoline. The fire raced up the stream of gasoline and the gas can exploded.”
“People inside the house called 911 at 9:07 p.m., after they saw a fireball outside and three people on fire, rolling on the grass,” he recounted. “The victims had been sitting on patio chairs that were completely melted, save for the base.”
“The man who poured the gasoline suffered severe burns to his face, hands and body,” reported Sgt. Jean. “Another man suffered 25 percent burns to his face and upper body. Both were brought to Hotel Dieu hospital in Montreal, where doctors placed them in a coma to treat their injuries.”
“The third man was burned on his legs and feet. He was treated for lesser injuries at the Jewish General Hospital and released the following day.”
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-45892555-1’, ‘robertfrankmedia.blogspot.com’);