By Rhonda Massad
The city of Laval intends to spend $645,000, taxes included, to add three new dog parks to their existing six. The amount includes the landscaping, preparation for the three locations as well as the rental of the Fabreville location owned by Hydro Québec. The new parks will offer the possibility to separate the larger breeds from the smaller breeds.
The three new locations are Horizon Jeunesse in Auteuil, Berthiaume du Tremblay in Chomedey and on Lisane Street in Fabreville
After receiving a petition in the late 1990s, the city requested a study from the public works and urban planning departments. Over the years, various sites designed to allow pet owners to let their pets run free with supervision were proposed. After a pilot project was initiated on city land with a Hydro servitude in the year 2000, the parks are now being built.
Rules and Regulations while visiting all dog parks:
• Dogs must wear a valid license.
• Dogs must remain on a leash until it is within the exercise area.
• The doors of the exercise area must remain closed at all times. • The owner must stay within the exercise area with their dog. • The owner must monitor the dog at all times.
• The owner must “poop and scoop” immediately and deposit the waste in the trash near the entrance of the exercise area.
• Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-45892555-1’, ‘robertfrankmedia.blogspot.com’);