By Robert Frank
Laval resident Tony Callocchia survived several gunshot wounds in the abdomen and was hospitalized, after a murderous assault, Feb 1.
Laval police said that the 51-year-old businessman remained conscious after a gunman fired several bullets at Callocchia just after 10 a.m., in the parking lot behind Youlios restaurant on St. Martin Boulevard.
Sgt. Frédéric Jean told The Suburban in an interview that Laval police have turned over responsibility for the investigation of the assault against Callocchia to Sûreté du Quebec, implying that they are investigating a case involving organized crime.
In the wake of the attack on Callocchia, several news outlets reported that he had previously been convicted for drug trafficking, weapons and sex-trade offences. They speculated that the assault against him was linked to another shooting the previous day in St. Leonard, which claimed the life of Vincenzo Scuderi.
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-45892555-1’, ‘robertfrankmedia.blogspot.com’);