By Tracey Arial
Ninety Laval residents who paid bribes to get their driving licenses’ will be contacted by the SAAQ in the coming weeks. They will either have their right to drive suspended or they may be retested, depending on what happened.
They were all processed by an employee who was fired last week.
“I want to reassure the population that there are mechanisms in place to combat and quickly take charge of such situations,” said SAAQ president and CEO. “I urge our customers to continue to report all suspicious behavior and I assure them that the information will be treated confidentially and expeditiously. Finally, I reiterate that all employees have my full confidence.”
The situation stems from a police investigation in which five Laval residents—36-year-old Éric Taddéo, 32-year-old Ghulam Jalani Ghulami, 28-year-old Lumni Maliqui, 51-year-old Elie Atme and 36-year-old Alain-Iskandar Habib are facing accusations for fraud and breach of trust.
One of the suspects worked in the SAAQ Le Corbusier office. He was fired last Wednesday.
Transport Minister Robert Poeti praised Tremblay’s decision in a press release.
“Integrity is a fundamental value at the heart of our public service,” he said. “This action must be severely punished. This is why I praise the work conducted by the insurance board, which treated the situation with rigor with the Sûreté du Québec.”
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-45892555-1’, ‘robertfrankmedia.blogspot.com’);