Newscoverage nails alleged sex predator

By Robert Frank

Laval Police are extending a big “thank-you” for news coverage that led to the arrest of Nicholas Chartrand Dubois, June 29—a month after The Suburban published a report asking for the public’s help in identifying the suspect from security camera images.

“The investigators told me that a lot of information came in through the Laval Police confidential tip line,” Const. Franco di Genova said in an interview. “They validated each call and two of them provided a partial name which led to the arrest.”

The eastern Chomedey resident appeared in criminal court, July 6, to face sexual misconduct charges. He was released on bail and is slated to appear in court again, Sept. 4.

Investigators alleged that around 6 p.m., April 27, Chartrand Dubois approached a 15-year-old girl near the Cartier Metro and Rosaire Gauthier park. They said that he offered to help carry her bags and pursued the teenager and molested her after she had refused and asked to be left alone.

The identity of the girl was not disclosed, since she is not an adult, explained Const. di Genova, who added that Chartrand Dubois was not previously known to police.

“We very much appreciate the cooperation of the news media, who enabled us to enlist the assistance of the community to help solve this crime,” he said.

2015-197 Nicolas Dubois-Chartrand

Tips enabled police to lay sex charges against Nicholas Chartrand Dubois a month after we published Metro security imagery (inset).

Please follow and like us:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

*
To prove you're a person (not a spam script), type the security word shown in the picture. Click on the picture to hear an audio file of the word.
Anti-spam image

Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial