Quebec cuts 30 percent of administrative health board

By Michelle Pucci
www.thesuburban.com

Laval’s regional health board will have its budget cut by $913,500, or about 30 per cent this year.

With the new health bill, all the agencies have been combined to form new integrated centres, and budgets will be slashed in April.

The remaining funds from the current agencies will mostly be sent back to the ministry for “optimization,” 10 per cent of the budget goes to the integrated centres for health and social services (CISSS), while the other 90 per cent is sent to the health ministry.

Meanwhile, the regional health authority (Direction régionale de santé publique) is losing 30 per cent of its funding, and the remaining 70 per cent transferred to the CISSS.

“We’re in the process of reorganizing our different missions,” said Stephanie Daigneault from Laval’s health authority. “I can’t say more because we’re waiting for more information.”

Around the province integrated centres will replace the health agencies to save money in administration and create a more universal system.

The regional public health authority will be absorbed into health centres like Cité de la Santé, which in turn will make up the integrated centres.

“It’s clear that our goal is to not cut the services we give,” Daigneault said. The public health authority is focused more on prevention, and it’s not certain yet whether the money will be spent on developing new programs.

“I imagine by April 1 we’ll know more,” she said.

Earlier this month, Caroline Barbir was appointed ceo of Laval’s integrated centre and Daniele Dulude as deputy ceo. They will take office on April 1.

Barbir will be charged with maintaining a better level of services. She was previously appointed director general of the health centres in 2012.
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i[‘GoogleAnalyticsObject’]=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,’script’,’//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js’,’ga’);

ga(‘create’, ‘UA-45892555-1’, ‘auto’);
ga(‘send’, ‘pageview’);

Please follow and like us:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

*
To prove you're a person (not a spam script), type the security word shown in the picture. Click on the picture to hear an audio file of the word.
Anti-spam image

Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial